Recipe by Aerica
A fast easy and yummy way to make french toast using a waffle iron!
Top Review by Baby Kato
I used a nice organic portugese bread for these french toast waffle. The bread was thick, firm and held together well. The recipe was easy and quick to make. I added both the spices listed. Thanks for sharing your recipe Aerica. Made for Pac Spring 08 .
- 4 -6 slices slightly stale bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon or 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except bread.
- Dip slices in mixture, coating well on both sides.
- Cook the bread on a well oiled, hot waffle iron until crisp.
- Sprinkle with powder sugar.
- Serve with warm syrup.
- I have substituted non dairy creamer like Coffee Mate for milk or cream.
- Omit sugar if you do use a flavored Coffee Mate.
- I have also substituted butter, Almond, Cherry and Orange extracts for the vanilla for a different flavor.