A fast easy and yummy way to make french toast using a waffle iron!
Make and share this French Toast Waffles recipe from Food.com.
- Combine all ingredients except bread.
- Dip slices in mixture, coating well on both sides.
- Cook the bread on a well oiled, hot waffle iron until crisp.
- Sprinkle with powder sugar.
- Serve with warm syrup.
- I have substituted non dairy creamer like Coffee Mate for milk or cream.
- Omit sugar if you do use a flavored Coffee Mate.
- I have also substituted butter, Almond, Cherry and Orange extracts for the vanilla for a different flavor.
I used a nice organic portugese bread for these french toast waffle. The bread was thick, firm and held together well. The recipe was easy and quick to make. I added both the spices listed. Thanks for sharing your recipe Aerica. Made for Pac Spring 08 .
I used a loaf of round sourdough buole and sliced into thick slices (about 1"). This really worked well in a belgian waffle iron as the bread almost covered both squares in the waffle iron. I did up the cinnamon & added nutmeg as well. Thank you for sharing your recipe! Reviewed for PAC Fall '07.
These are delicious little "waffles". Didn't have anything but 1% milk but it seemed to work fine. Next time I will use Texas toast as it was a bit hard to keep my thinner bread from falling apart. Also my bread was several days old, but not as stale as it probably should have been. It still came out looking good even with the soggy, fall-apart bread. Maybe will try this with a bit more cinnamon. These are great for a really easy quick and delicious breakfast and the bonus.....no pan to wash! Will be making these often. Thanks EricaYvonne for a great recipe.