Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Southern Living; This is one of my family's favorite Sunday night suppers. Just add a simple green salad and you have a wonderful quick meal.
Top Review by *SimplyME*
I really like the idea of the French Toast sandwich. I didn't change a thing. Next time though, I will probably change the filling a little. A little salt and pepper and maybe some jalapeno peppers. Add a little more spice! But overall, it is perfect the way it is now! Thanks for the new idea of making tuna sandwiches!
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together tuna, celery, onion, pickle relish, and mayo.
- Spread 4 slices of bread with tuna mixture; top each with another slice of bread.
- Mix together eggs and milk.
- Dip sandwiches into egg mixture.
- Saute in butter over medium heat 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.