Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy recipe to put together and can be altered depending on what you may have on hand. You can change the fruits, the type of bread or use cinnamon rather than nutmeg. I always make this the night before then bake it the next morning. So the 2 hours I put is only a guess.
- 6 slices French bread, 1 - 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 banana, chopped
- raspberries, blackberries, blueberries or strawberry
- 4 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cut a pocket in each slice of bread.
- Mix fruit and the whipped cream cheese.
- Stuff each slice of bread with fruit mixture.
- Spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pour syrup in bottom of pan, making sure you use enough to cover the entire bottom of the pan.
- Mix the eggs, milk, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Put the stuffed bread slices on top of the syrup in the pan.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the bread slices, making sure each slice is covered with the egg mixture.
- Cover the pan and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Uncover and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until it's golden on top.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and/or serve with maple syrup.