As per a recipe request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bread, use a good quality,bakery loaf
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Cut each slice of bread in half.
- 2Beat eggs with milk and pinch of salt.
- 3In separate bowl, mash cheese until smooth with cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla, adjusting to taste.
- 4Spread one-fourth of cheese filling evenly over four slices of bread.
- 5Top with unspread slices of bread to form half-sandwiches.
- 6Dip and soak each sandwich in egg-milk mixture, turning so both sides of each sandwich absorb liquid.
- 7Let excess drip off.
- 8Heat unsalted butter in 10 inch skillet, and when hot but not brown, add sandwiches.
- 9Reduce heat and fry slowly for 5 to 7 minutes, or until first side is golden.
- 10Turn and brown second side over low heat.
- 11If sandwiches fry too quickly, filling will not be warm.
- 12Serve immediately, allowing 2 halves to each portion.
- 13Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar and top with sour cream and strawberries.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Toast (stuffed with Cream Cheese)
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.1
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 280.8 mg
- Sodium 649.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 18.1 g