Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another great brunch recipe.
- 1 loaf bread
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups butter (or margarine)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups milk
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- bring brown sugar, butter and cinnamon to boil.
- In a separate bowl, mix together Milk, eggs surgar and vanilla.
- lay one layer of bread in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish . Spread brown sugar mixture over top. Repeat with additional layers until loaf of bread is use up.
- Pour milk mixture over top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for one hour.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes, until golden brown.
This was so delicious. We really loved this recipe. I made 1/2 a batch (for 3 of us), and used an 8x12-inch pan, and it worked out just fine. It took maybe 10 minutes less to bake than is indicated in the recipe. The brown sugar mixture was a little too hard though, and I was thinking it might be because that mixture was cooked to a boil. So the next time I make this, I'll just melt the butter and a stir the brown sugar and cinnamon into it, and I hope it will keep it from becoming hard. Despite that, the was super delicious Thank you for posting your recipe, Miss V.