1/4 Photos of French Toast Sticks - OAMC
I got this basic recipe from another site but changed it a little for my family. The original recipe called for orange juice as the liquid instead of milk. I also added the vanilla as we think it gives it a nice flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Cut each slice of bread into 3 pieces to make sticks. Texas Toast is a very thick sliced bread about 3/4" thick. You could substitute french bread if Texas toast is not available.
- 3In a bowl, mix together melted butter, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and milk. Beat well.
- 4Dip sticks into egg mixture and place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 5If there is any dip left, you can drizzle it over the sticks.
- 6Bake for 25 minutes on middle rack of oven. Turn halfway through baking time.
- 7Allow to cool.
- 8Flash freeze on cookie sheet, remove and place in a ziploc bag.
- 9To reheat: place 3 sticks on a microwave-safe plate and heat on high for 1 minute until warm. Serve with syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Toast Sticks - OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.6
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 111.1 mg
- Sodium 223.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g