Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another 2 point breakfast recipe from Hungrygirl.com. So simple and easy it makes you wonder why you didn't think of it before.
- 2 slices bread
- 1⁄3 cup egg substitute
- Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine egg beaters, vanilla and some cinnamon.
- Use the egg mixture as an egg wash and dip the bread strips into it.
- Cook in a pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- When both sides of the bread strips are brown, sprinkle with Splenda and more cinnamon.
- Serve with sugar free syrup or plain yogurt.
GREAT!! I didn't have any cinnamon so I used a full teaspoon of vanilla extract, then topped it with applesauce. Yummy and low-calorie! Thanks :)
My 4 year old and I had a blast making this recipe. And, frankly, I really liked the outcome but I had a few issues with the recipe. I'm assuming I needed to cut the bread into strips; that step was missing. And I'd guess that I needed to use light bread to make the points value, but I wasn't sure. I also ran out of liquid and had to make more. I do love hungrygirl's recipes though! Thanks so much for posting this one!