1/3 Photos of French Toast Stack
1 hr 45 mins
Sierra Silver's Note:
A marvelous brunch, perfect for Christmas, and easier to both make and clean up after than regular French toast. This is perfect topped with a little powdered sugar and maple syrup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 slices bread (wheat, white, whatever you make sandwiches with)
- 1 (24 ounce) can apple pie filling, mashed
- 1 cup raisins, plumped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 10 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) evaporated milk
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 350; bake whole slices of bread on cookie sheet until dry, toasting minimally. (Or use a toaster, or lie them out over night - just dehydrate them).
- 2Spread cream cheese on six slices; lay flat in greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- 3Sandwich with another six slices.
- 4Spread pie filling over second layer; sprinkle over plumped raisins.
- 5Top with six more slices of bread.
- 6In large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, milks, vanilla, syrup, and spices.
- 7Pour over casserole.
- 8Refridgerate overnight.
- 9Place pan in oven before turning it on; turn oven to 350 and bake for 55-60 minutes or until set.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Toast Stack
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 988.0
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 423.3 mg
- Sodium 905.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 152.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 86.8 g
- Protein 26.8 g