Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I love this recipe!!! It's from a book i have at home.This is a great variant of the traditional french toast recipe. It is easy to make ahead and keep because it is like a casserole. Heres a tip: I like to use Baker's Inn brand Honey White Bread.
- 10 cups cubed dense white bread (about 16 1-ounce slices)
- 8 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄4 cups maple syrup, divided use
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- berries (to garnish)
- Coat a 13x9-inch baking dish with butter and place bread cubes in dish.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese at medium speed until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add milk, half-and-half, 1/2 cup maple syrup and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Pour mix over bread, cover and refrigerate over night.
- Take out and let stand for half an hour. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle souffle with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup and berries.
This was the best breakfast casserole i EVER made!!! Try this recipe!!!! YUMMM!!!