1/1 Photo of French Toast Souffle
1 hr 5 mins
Clipped this recipe from the newspaper. The heading says "Once it's assembled, this Cooking Light magazine recipe needs no other attention besides putting it in the oven."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1DAY BEFORE: Place bread cubes in a well greased 13x9 baking dish. (See note in step 3).
- 2Beat softened cream cheese at medium speed until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add milk, half-and-half, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Mix until smooth.
- 3Pour cream cheese mixture over top of bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight. (NOTE: I mix the bread and cream cheese mixture together first, then pour it into the pan.).
- 4SERVING DAY: Remove bread mixture from refrigerator. Let stand on counter for 30 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 50 minutes or until set.
- 6Serving suggestions: Sprinkle souffle with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Toast Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.7
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 131.4 mg
- Sodium 357.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 8.4 g