1/1 Photo of French Toast Scones
Peaches 'n' Cream's Note:
Perfect for having in the morning with a cup of coffee.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour (can use half all purpose and half pastry flour, thats what I do)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 4 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cinnamon baking chips (you can add more if you like)
- 1Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together.
- 2Cut in the butter. A food processor works best, but doing by hand will work too. Just make sure there is no chunks of butter left over after cutting into mixture. And then put the flour mixure in a large bowl. Mix cinnamon chips into the flour mixture.
- 3Whisk together the milk, egg, butter flavoring, maple flavoring, and maple syrup in separate bowl then add to flour mixture, mix together.
- 4If the mixture is to thin add a little flour till it is a consistency you can work with. Take out of bowl and make into a ball, flatten to were it is about an inch thick. Cut into about 12 or less pie type slices ( Depends how big you want them) and put onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 5Cook at 450 for 12-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Toast Scones
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.5
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 27.5 mg
- Sodium 265.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cinnamon baking chips