Recipe by Patricia12
This is a great Sunday morning breakfast, or any special occasion! I make it for my husband on his birthday.
Top Review by Ilysse
Very yummy. I didn't use any milk and added a touch of nutmeg. I used left over challah from shabbat rather then the white bread. Since my kids love cream cheese and strawberry jelly sandwiches, I thought strawberry syrup would be a winner and it was. With the strawberry syrup they almost tasted like jelly doughnuts. Great brunch that I'll make again. Thanks for posting.
- 1 loaf white bread
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 bottle syrup (your favorite flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- soften creamed cheese in microwave.
- heat butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- mix together eggs, milk, vanilla, and sugar in a medium sized bowl.
- after creamed cheese has been softened, spread a tbsp onto 1 slice of bread per sandwich.
- Then put it together with another to make a sandwich.
- dip sandwich into mixture in bowl, don't let it soak, though.
- put sandwich into skillet and cook, until it is golden brown on the underside, and flip until golden brown.
- serve with your favorite syrup.