Recipe by Cookin-jo
French toast with a jam filling, easy to make and pretty to look at too.
Top Review by ITRIEDIT
I tried it and it was fantastic!! I used French Toast recipe #90674 as its my favorite and used this method of preparing it. We used no-sugar strawberry jam and it was fantastic! Thanks for posting.
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange juice or 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest (omit if using milk)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam
- 4 slices white bread
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- cooking spray
- icing sugar (optional)
- maple syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk eggs, juice, zest and salt together and set aside.
- Spread 2 Tbsp jam on each slice of white bread. Top with whole wheat bread and trim off crusts. Cut each sandwich into 3 fingers.
- Spray a large non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Dip fingers into egg mixture, coating both sides, and fry for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Serving suggestion: Dust with icing sugar and provide maple syrup for dipping.