Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
If you like French Toast or Stuffed french toast Get your fork, you'll need it to eat this delicious breakfast treat with a twist on an old favorite.
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 (21 ounce) can low-fat apple pie filling
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 12 slices cinnamon raisin bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mascarpone, cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup and walnuts; mix well. Melt butter in a small nonstick skillet. Add apples and cook until warmed and tender. Remove apples.
- 2. Whisk together egg and milk. Dip bread in egg mixture; cook bread on both sides in nonstick skillet until golden brown.
- 3. Spread 1 tablespoon mascarpone mixture on one side of each of 4 slices of bread; top with cooked apple and remaining bread slices.
- 4. Cook until apple filling is thoroughly heated. Serve with maple syrup.