From Mr. Food...cooking time is really the freezing time.
Make and share this French Toast Roll-ups recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg yolk, and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth; set aside.
- Cut the crust off each slice of bread then roll out each slice with a rolling pin.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the bread, distributing evenly.
- Roll up each slice jelly roll-style and place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- In a shallow dish, mix the remaining 3/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon.
- Brush the butter over the roll-ups then roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, until completely coated.
- Repeat with the remaining roll-ups, placing them on the baking sheet after coating.
- Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours, or up to 2 months.
- Just before serving, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Bake the roll-ups for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.