Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Ok, to get this recipe I had to nearly beat up my best friend. Went over for brunch yesterday and this was one of the items on the menu. Good grief, it was fabulous. I'm giving the recipe as it was finally given to me. However, I'm going to try it using some really good cinnamon-raisin bread instead of the regular bread and see how that turns out. I'll let you know! In the meantime, hope you enjoy this wonderful french toast pie from my dear friend, Becks! This will be one of my new Christmas morning dishes!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a small saucepan; cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Pour two-thirds of brown sugar mixture into an ungreased 8x8 baking dish.
- Arrange 4ish bread slices in brown sugar mixture, cutting slices as necessary to fit in dish. Sprinkle raisins and 3/4 cup pecans evenly over bread. Top another layer of bread slices.
- Whisk together remaning ingredients. Pour two-thirds of egg mixture over bread slices in baking dish. Top with remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Make one more layer of bread slices, for a total of three, and drizzle remaining egg mixture over top.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Drizzle with maple syrup, a light sprinkle of powdered sugar, and remaining chopped nuts.