Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this for Mummy on mothers day and she was in heaven, she loved this so much, she said it was light and kept complementing me. Daddy tried it and liked it as well. Out of Womans Weekly cookbook. very appealing to young children
- use a biscuit cutter or your desired shape to cut a shape from each piece of bread.
- break the egg into a small bowl, add the water and 2 teaspoons of the sugar, beat with a fork until mixed together.
- mix the rest of the sugar with the cinnamon and set aside until the end.
- put butter in a medium frying pan and turn the heat to medium.
- when butter is melted, dip the bread rounds quickly into the egg mixture, one at a time. let the extra mixture run off then carefully place bread on the pan.
- cook the bread rounds for about 2 minutes or until they are lightly browned underneath.
- turn over and lightly brown other side, remove from pan and put it on a piece of kitchen paper.
- sprinkle both sides of French toast with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- serve immediately to stop from going soggy.
We loved this and went "ooohhh" and "ahhhh" as we ate! So much cuter than the normal square stuff we usually make!! (: Funny..., Perfect Pixie, we decorated our plate with strawberries, too! Great little recipe here. And very simple.