Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on The Wicky-up Ranch BnB (CA) site on the Internet. It sounds so good and easy to prepare for week-end guests...........or anytime!
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3-1 cup orange juice
- 2⁄3-1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut in 1-inch slices
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- grated orange peel
- Combine and whisk together the first 6 ingredients.
- Place bread in a single layer in a large flat dish.
- Pour milk mixture over bread, turn once, cover and refrigerate overnight. To cook, preheat oven to 400*.
- Pour melted butter in jelly roll pan, evenly.
- Arrange soaked bread slices in a single layer in the pan.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake until golden, 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with orange zest & blueberries.
- Top with orange butter.(See recipe for Orange Butter).
- Serve with maple syrup or orange marmalade.
- Time does not include overnight refrigeration.
- * I use Splenda instead of sugar and non-fat soy milk in place of the milk.