Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A brunch treatt (not intended for daily consumption)!
- 14 slices bread
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 large apples
- 6 -8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granola cereal or 1⁄2 cup favorite cereal
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- First prepare the french toast. Beat the eggs and milk. Dip bread in mixture until saturated and brown both sides in frying pan. Put to one side.
- Peel, core and thinly sliice apples. Put in bowl and sprinkle slices with sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Slice cream cheese into "pats" in preparation.
- In a greased 9 inch caserole dish, lay one layer french toast. Feel free to tear the pieces to fit. over this, spread a layer of apples and then dot with cream cheese. Another layer of french toast and then you keep layering until you're satisfied or out of ingredients.
- Top with sprinkling of cereal and bake at 325 degrees for 25 mintues. Serve while warm.