Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A fantastic recipe for kids and adults alike! Vary the fruits to whatever the child likes. I found this on the Martha Stewart web site while I was trolling for a recipe for something else. What an exciting idea!
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 158.51 ml fat-free buttermilk
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- 453.59 g unsliced dense white bread (like pullman) or 453.59 g egg bread, crusts removed and cut into 1-inch cubes (challah)
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter
- 236.59 ml fresh blueberries
- 236.59 ml fresh raspberry
- 2 bananas, sliced
- warmed maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven to warm.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, salt, and vanilla.
- Stir in bread.
- In a large saute pan set over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Place half of the bread mixture in pan; cook, turning occasionally with a spatula, until browned on all sides.
- To keep warm, transfer to the oven.
- Cook remaining bread in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter as before.
- Thread bread cubes onto skewers alternating with blueberries, raspberries, and banana slices.
- Serve immediately with warmed maple syrup, if desired.