Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
Little french toast bites served with syrup and an apricot dipping sauce. For a perfect breakfast feast serve with toppings such as chopped nuts, fruit and coconut. Note: You should use 1-inch thick slices of soft French bread. It wouldn't let me list it that way in the ingredient section.
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a lovely treat. I really enjoyed this recipe. It was very easy to make. Loved the dipping sauce, it blended beautifully with the maple syrup. It was light, tender and fluffy. I will make this again, thanks for sharing.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 slices French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F In a bowl, whisk together sugar, milk, eggs, 3 tablespoons butter and cinnamon. Gently toss bread in mixture until coated well.
- Spread remaining butter on a rimmed nonstick baking sheet. Add bread cubes in a single layer and bake 12 to 15 minutes. Use a spatula to remove baked cubes from pan and serve immediately with syrup, dipping sauce and toppings.
- To make apricot dipping sauce, combine jam and orange juice and microwave 1 minute; stir until smooth.