Prep 7 mins
Cook 4 mins
Try these on the kids. Excellent breakfast!
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry preserves
- 4 slices thick day-old white bread
- 4 slices thick day-old whole wheat bread
- 1 dash cooking spray
- icing sugar (optional)
- maple syrup (optional)
- Whisk eggs, orange juice, rind and salt in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Spread 2 Tbsp of the preserves on each slice of white bread.
- Place whole wheat slices on top.
- Trim crusts and cut sandwiches into three even strips.
- Dip both sides of strips in egg mixture until all the egg is absorbed.
- Spray griddle or skillet with cooking spray.
- Cook bread strips on each side two minutes or until golden.
- Dust with icing sugar if desired.
- Serve with maple syrup for dipping.
My mom made these for me sometimes as a kid and when i saw you had it posted on here i thought i would try it. Very tasty and a nice reminder of my childhood.