Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I thought of the concept weeks ago, but tried it out for the first time this morning. It was good. I used only 1/4 tsp vanilla, but I could barely distinguish it, so I recommend using a tad more if you prefer bold flavors like myself. Can be easily doubled, tripled, etc. And experiement with extracts. I'm sure vegans (or non-ovos) can use tofu.
- Whisk all ingredients together except syrup and toast.
- Pour mixture in a preheated skillet and prepare eggs to your preference (omelette-syle, etc. I scramble with a fork).
- Heat up syrup in a microwave.
- Place cooked egg on toast.
- Pour on syrup and sprinkle on some more cinnamon and/or sweetener if desired Eat& Enjoy!
Absolutly Delicious. I have a new favorite Breakfast. It might enhance it a little more with a slice of Yves Vegetarian Canadian Bacon. Great Recipe.
The DM and I thoroughly enjoyed this lovely sweet treat for breakfast, I used 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg and scrambled, spraying the pan with a little canola oil and served on wholemeal/wholegrain toast with a drizzle of the sugar free maple syrup (just drizzled straight from the bottle). Will definately being doing this in future anytime I have egg whites left over from making the DH's caramel tart but would also like to try serving it on a toasted fruited english muffin. Thank you nomnom, made for Healthy Choices ABC Tag Game.
This was pretty good. I increased the vanilla, substituted maple flavoring for syrup, and sweetened with stevia. I ate this without toast. Definitely a keeper, thanks!