Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
I can't wait to try this recipe. Very simple but beautiful and tasty. From Rachael Ray.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 dash vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 dash fresh nutmeg (optional)
- 8 slices white bread or 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 pint fresh strawberries or 1 pint fresh blueberries or 1 pint fresh blackberries or 1 pint fresh raspberry
- whipped cream
- Spray the inside of each cup of a 6-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg. Cut a slit in the corner of each slice of bread from the middle of the slice to the edge.
- Dip each slice of bread in the egg mixture then lightly press it into a cup of the muffin tin, overlapping the pieces where you cut the slit to make it fit into the cup without tearing.
- Bake the French toast cups for 12-14 minutes, until they're light golden brown.
- Allow the cups to cool slightly in the muffin tin before removing them. To serve, arrange the cups on a platter and fill each one with fresh fruit and top with whipped cream.