1/1 Photo of French Toast Cupcakes
An amazing recipe from Recipe from Julie Hasson's 125 Best Cupcake Recipes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and then cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 cup milk
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes 3 cups
- 1Preheat oven to 350'F and line baking pan with paper liners.
- 2Mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Make sure the butter is cool or you’ll have scrambled eggs.
- 4Whisk in maple extract and then alternate between whisking in flour mixture and milk. Make three additions of flour mix and two of milk. Beat until smooth.
- 5Scoop batter into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched.
- 6Cool the cupcakes on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
- 7Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- 8Place the cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl.
- 9Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until combined, 30 seconds. Stop the machine.
- 10Add the confectioners' sugar, a little at a time, blending with the mixer on low speed until the sugar is well incorporated, 1 minute.
- 11Add the cinnamon, then increase the mixer speed to medium and blend the frosting until fluffy, 1 minute more.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Toast Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.3
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 62.6 mg
- Sodium 201.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 40.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g