Recipe by TeksGlutes
An amazing recipe from Recipe from Julie Hasson's 125 Best Cupcake Recipes
Top Review by Nanceebing22
Love love love this recipe. Making more tonight!!! That's my picture! I didn't have maple extract so I substituted vanilla extract and added brown sugar and cinnamon on top and drizzled hot maple syrup over them for maple.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and then cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes 3 cups
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350'F and line baking pan with paper liners.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Make sure the butter is cool or you’ll have scrambled eggs.
- Whisk in maple extract and then alternate between whisking in flour mixture and milk. Make three additions of flour mix and two of milk. Beat until smooth.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Cool the cupcakes on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
- Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- Place the cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until combined, 30 seconds. Stop the machine.
- Add the confectioners' sugar, a little at a time, blending with the mixer on low speed until the sugar is well incorporated, 1 minute.
- Add the cinnamon, then increase the mixer speed to medium and blend the frosting until fluffy, 1 minute more.