A delicious breakfast casserole that's easy to make a serves a crowd. I buy very flaky fresh authentic croissants from the bakery to make this dish. You could substitute brioche also for the croissants. You can also top with fresh strawberries macerated in sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 croissants, cubed
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons orange peel, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh grated
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted rough chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, diced
- maple syrup, warmed
- powdered sugar (optional)
- butter, for pan
- 1Butter casserole dish.
- 2Cube 10 fresh croissants in large pieces.
- 3Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, brown sugar, spices, orange peel, salt.
- 4Pour egg mixture over croissants, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 5Next day, preheat oven 350°F.
- 6Toast pecans in dry pan until lightly browned and toasted.
- 7Sprinkle nuts over cold casserole.
- 8Dot with diced butter.
- 9Bake uncovered 350F 30-35 minutes.
- 10Allow to sit for 5 minutes then drizzle with warm maple syrup.
- 11To make warm maple syrup boil a pan of water.
- 12Take boiling water off heat and place maple syrup bottle in hot water for 15 minutes.
- 13Serve with maple syrup or powdered sugar or fresh strawberries macerated in sugar.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Toast Croissant Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 703.7
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 41.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 368.8 mg
- Sodium 968.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 17.8 g