1/3 Photos of French Toast Cheddar Sandwiches
These sandwiches will make you never want just a plain old grilled cheese sandwich again. Great sandwich to make when you have thick sliced bread, but you don't have to have it...plain bread will do fine!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set out a heavy skillet or cast iron griddle.
- 2Beat the eggs slightly in a pie tin or shallow bowl and add the milk or cream and salt, set aside.
- 3Spread the bread slices out on a flat working surface.
- 4Spread one side of four slices of bread lightly with the prepared mustard.
- 5Top each with a slice of cheddar cheese.
- 6Butter the remaining four slices of bread and top each cheese slice with bread, butter side down.
- 7Heat the butter in the skillet or on the griddle.
- 8Carefully dip each sandwich into the egg mixture, coating both sides.
- 9Allow the excess egg mixture to drain back into the bowl.
- 10Dip only as many sandwiches as will lie flat in the skillet or griddle.
- 11Cook over low heat until browned.
- 12Turn and brown the other sides.
- 13Repeat for the remaining sandwiches and if necessary, add more butter to the skillet or griddle to prevent sticking.
- 14Or you can place the sandwiches, after dipping, on a well greased baking sheet and brown in the oven at 450 degrees F. for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 15Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Toast Cheddar Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.9
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 160.8 mg
- Sodium 911.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 14.6 g