Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is so easy to make for overnight guests.
- Cut bread into cubes (about 9 cups).
- Grease a 3 quart shallow baking dish.
- Arrange bread in baking dish.
- Mix eggs, milk and vanilla in a seperate bowl and pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Uncover and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until golden.
The puffy, souffle-like texture was a pleasant surprise. The flavor is highly dependent on the cinnamon bread, so it's important to choose a good brand. This was very easy to make, but due to the long baking time will not be a everyday dish at our house.
I made this for Mother's Day breakfast and it was very good. I used cinnamon-raisin bread and I sprinkled extra cinnamon over each serving just before we put the syrup on. The bread was a little mushy on the bottom but nobody seemed to care. My kids especially enjoyed this dish! Thanks