Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Tempting cinnamon bread is soaked in a custard overnight, ready to be baked for a perfect brunch dish. From Recipe.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) cinnamon-swirl bread, cut into cubes or 8 cups cinnamon-swirl bread
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- maple-flavor syrup (optional)
- Place the bread cubes into a greased 3-quart shallow baking dish.
- Beat the eggs, milk and vanilla extract in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk. Pour the milk mixture over the bread cubes. Stir and press the bread cubes into the milk mixture to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat the oven to 350°F Uncover the baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar. Serve with the syrup, if desired.