Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is essentially a bread pudding, but without a load of sugar. Serve warm with maple syrup. Adapted from a recipe at allrecipes.com. http://bit.ly/eVkSfl
- 5 cups dry bread cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter an 8x8" baking dish.
- Spread bread cubes into prepared dish. Beat together eggs, milk, 2 tbsp sugar, salt and vanilla. Pour over bread cubes. Dot with butter. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir remaining 2 tbsp sugar with cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over top of dish. Bake in preheated oven 45-50 minutes, until custard is set and top is golden brown.