1/1 Photo of French Toast Casserole
Make certain to use 1 to 2 day-old bread for this, I strongly suggest not to double the amounts and bake in a larger baking dish, make two separate recipes and bake in two 8 x 8-inch casserole dishes, if you prefer a sweeter taste then increase the sugar amount.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups day-old bread cubes
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk or 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, divided (can use more)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 teaspoons butter, cubed (1-1/2 tablespoon)
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- maple syrup or pancake syrup
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F (set oven rack to lowest position).
- 2Generously grease an 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
- 3Sprinkle the bread cubes into the baking pan, then sprinkle the raisins over the bread.
- 4In a bowl whisk together the eggs with milk 2 tablespoons brown sugar, salt and vanilla; pour evenly over the bread cubes.
- 5Sprinkle the butter cubes over the top.
- 6Allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- 7In s small bowl combine the remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar with 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
- 8Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden.
- 9Serve warm with maple syrup or pancake syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Toast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.4
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 159.6 mg
- Sodium 394.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 8.9 g