Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't tried this yet..but it looks soooo good. This is a great breakfast to make for any special occasion, the cream cheese and jam provide a tasty surprise.
- 6 -10 stale plain croissants
- 6 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- Slice croissants in half, spread insides with cream cheese and place about a rounded teaspoon of strawberry jam on top, place tops on croissants in sandwich fashion and arrange them in baking dish.
- Beat eggs, add sugar, mil, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon, beat till well combined, pour mixture over croissants, use a plate to hold the croissants down and keep them from rising to the top, to allow them to soak in the milk and egg mixture, allow to set for about 5 minutes.
- Bake in a 350 F oven for about 30 to 35 minutes. They will fluff up and the casserole will have a custardy french toast consistency.
- Serve with your favorite Syrup and Breakfast meat.
awesome recipe!! i love baked french toast and this one is so great because it's stuffed with cheese and jam! the only changes i made were to cut back on the sugar to just a few tablespoons and to use raspberry jam and orange marmalade instead of strawberry. i topped the whole dish off with sliced almonds. everyone loved this! thanks for posting. this is a keeper!
This was delicious. I used normal bread that I toasted, because I didn't have any crossiants. I heated up some more of the strawberry jelly and poured over when it came out of the oven, dusted with some powder sugar. Thanks for the great recipe
I made this for a brunch I had this week-end. Everyone loved it. It is just sweet enough on its on you do not need syrup Thanks