Recipe by Terry Davis
This takes a little more time if you make your own french toast but will be so much better, You can have this for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You don't have to use frozen french toast but recipezaar won't recognize just french toast so I had to list frozen.
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
Was looking for a recipe that used french toast. Had 6 slices left over from camping, so I reduced the servings to 4 and baked for 30 minutes in an 11x7 dish (it made more than 4 servings too). I used fresh parsley, but would use dried, as the parsley flavor was a bit much. 2 of 3 kids loved it and I really loved the strawberry sauce. I put some arrowroot in to thicken it too. Don't skip the sauce. A great combo.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 8 frozen French toast, home made is best
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed, can also use turkey breast
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 cup strawberry, use your favorite berry
- 1⁄4 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Whisk eggs in large bowl.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Chop french toast slices into 1/2 inch cubes and add to egg mixture.
- Add chicken, cheese and parsley, mix well.
- Pour into greased 13"x9" baking pan.
- Cook 35 minutes, eggs should be fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- In sauce pan add berries and honey.
- Cook on medium heat until hot.
- Pour into blender and blend until all is a liquid.
- Pour into a serving cup and you can use this as a topping for the casserole.
- Cut casserole into your families portion size and enjoy.