Recipe by Nicole Brummett
I got this recipe from a friend when looking for something different to serve for a holiday brunch. We like ours with fruit and honey. Goes really well with cheesy ham cups that I've also posted. The prep time is putting it together along with refrigerate time.
Top Review by Lisa3
Loved this recipe. Try it with adding 8 oz. cubed cream cheese. Place 1/2 of cubed bread then cream cheese then remainder of bread. Also add 1/3 cup real maple syrup to mixture you pour over it.
- 1 (10 ounce) French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (10 cups)
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- maple syrup (optional) or honey (optional)
- Cool Whip (optional)
- fruit, for topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt (if desired).
- Pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Dot with butter.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Top serving with fruit and Cool Whip.
- Serve with syrup.