Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I prepare this friday night for a nice relaxing breakfast the next morning,
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon (divided)
- 1 (19 ounce) can tart apples
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 loaf bread (Italian or French in thick slices)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Combine brown sugar, butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Add apples and cranberries; toss to coat well.
- Spread apple mixture evenly over bottom of baking dish.
- Arrange slices of bread on top.
- Mix eggs, milk, vanilla, and remaining 2 teaspoons cinnamon until well blended.
- Pour mixture over bread, soaking bread completely.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 to 24 hours.
- Bake covered with foil in preheated oven 375 for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 5 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream, maple syrup, pecans.
We found this recipe years ago on the McCormick spices website and make it every New Years Eve. We use 3 tart apples instead of canned apples.
I used apples off my tree instead of canned apples. YUM!!