Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
An interesting variation on French Toast, courtesy of Rhodes. No serving amount was given, so I'm guessing 12. Prep time does not include 4 hour rising time.
- 24 rhodes dinner rolls or 12 rhodes texas rolls, thawed but still cold
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup liquid hazelnut coffee creamer
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- powdered sugar
- Cut rolls in half forming 48 pieces (dinner rolls).
- or cut rolls in fourths (Texas rolls).
- Mix other ingredients in a bowl except powdered sugar.
- Dip rolls in mixture and place evenly in bundt pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour remaining mixture over rolls.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rolls rise to top of pan (about 4 hours).
- Remove wrap and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Invert onto serving platter.
- Drizzle with syrup and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Slice and serve with additional syrup as desired.
This was good, but mine was still a little slimy and doughy in the middle. Probably needs to be cooked a little longer.