Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love the blend of sweet and salty (sort of like chips and m&m's at the movies!) Great for brunches. DELICIOUS!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 12 slices frozen French toast
- 1⁄2 lb boiled ham
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 cup granola cereal
- In small bowl, combine sugar and sour cream; cover and refrigerate.
- Place 6 slices French toast in bottom of greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Layer ham, 2 cups of cheese and remaining 6 slices of French toast in baking pan.
- Spread pie filling over top; sprinkle granola over apples.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for 25 minutes.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese; bake another 5 minutes until cheese is melted and casserole is hot.
- Serve with sour cream mixture.
- (I have also made this with 1 LB sausage instead of the ham. Another time, when I didn't have the frozen french toast slices, I just made french toast myself and froze it the day before).