What makes this different from other French toast casseroles is that there is no need to refrigerate this one. Make and eat the same day!! (Great for Christmas morning)
- Cut crust off bread and cut into cubes.( I don't cut the crust off.).
- Put half of the bread in bottom of greased 9x13 pan.
- Dot bread with half of the cream cheese.
- Repeat another layer.
- Mix the next 6 ingredients together.
- Pour over the bread and cream cheese.
- Bake 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- For sauce:.
- Put this in a very large pan because it grows!
- Cook on medium heat the first 5 ingredients and stir until it comes to a boil.
- Boil 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add almond flavoring.
- To serve: Dish up the bread casserole. Pour sauce over bread mixture. Top with whipped cream and sliced strawberries and bananas.
All 6 adults LOVED this recipe and the four females asked for the recipe itself. Would be great even for a dessert!
i loved this recipe!! it was SOO good!!! thank you so much!!