Recipe by JillAZ
A terrific make ahead breakfast that is great for special occassions. Very rich and delicious! Make sure to use only REAL maple syrup. It makes a huge difference in the flavor. This really does need to sit in the refrigerator overnight before its baked.
- 8 slices thick French bread
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup, plus more for serving (the real thing!)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube the french bread and the cream cheese.
- Place half of the bread cubes in a 9 x 13 inch pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top with the cubed cream cheese.
- Top with remaining bread cubes.
- In a large bowl beat the 12 eggs.
- Stir in the milk and maple syrup.
- Pour over the bread and cheese.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes until done.
- Serve with additional maple syrup if desired.