Recipe by txishvn1
Got this from the "back of box" of Johnsonville sausages.
Top Review by tkuva
This recipe did not taste very good. The Pumpkin in this recipe was extremely over-powering and pretty much ruined the dish, you could only take a couple bites before you were sick of the taste. No one in my family enjoyed this. That being said, i think this recipe has the potential to be good if you used a different flavor .. like maybe apple.. just a less dominant flavor. Also, the poster of this recipe failed to write down all the steps so be sure to not get sidetracked while reading the instructions and make sure you use all your ingredients ( i say this because I almost forgot my eggs, milk, and spices because they werent listed in the instructions).
- 1 (12 ounce) packageof johnsonville brown sugar and honey breakfast sausage
- 12 eggs
- 1 (30 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 15 slices white bread
- confectioners' sugar
- maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage according to package directions. Cool slightly; cut inot 1/2 inch slides.
- In a large bowl, combine sausage and cubed bread.
- Add pumpkin pie mixture, stir to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a knif inserted into the center comes out clean. Dust with confectioner's sugar. Serve with syrup.