1/3 Photos of French-Toast Apple Bake
This is a great make-ahead breakfast that will fill your home with the holiday aromas of cinnamon, spice and apples. It is a "soak overnight" casserole that mimics the flavors of french toast. Call it bread pudding if you like, but I know you'll call it delicious. It makes holiday morning cooking a breeze. I think I must have gotten this recipe from Taste of Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter and add apples. Stir occasionally until tender.
- 2Add brown sugar and corn syrup.
- 3Cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- 4Pour into buttered 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- 5Arrange bread slices over apple mixture.
- 6In bowl, beat eggs, milk, vanilla, salt and cinnamon until blended.
- 7Pour mixture evenly over mixture in pan.
- 8Cover with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 9Next morning, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 10Remove cover and bake for 35-45 minutes or until firm and brown.
- 11Cool for 5 minutes, then flip onto large platter or foil covered cookie sheet with 1-inch edge.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French-Toast Apple Bake
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.0
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 93.1 mg
- Sodium 594.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 35.5 g
- Protein 11.1 g