Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this interesting twist of French toast on the web which turns classic French toast into a light and sweet French toast breakfast. Substitute blueberries or raspberries in place of strawberries. Also makes a great dessert!
- Slice the angel food cake into 10 to 12, 1-inch thick wedges.
- In a shallow dish combine eggs, milk, sugar; and vanilla.
- Soak wedges in egg mixture for 1 minute per side.
- In a nontick skillet or on a nonstick griddle melt butter over medium heat.
- Cook 4 wedges at a time for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- To serve, stand slices in cake formation.
- Top with whipped cream or creme fraiche.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and top with strawberries.
- Serve immediately.