Recipe by Pebbles5083
It's exactly what it sounds like. Two of my favorite things combined to make an incredibly rich twist on breakfast. For those who aren't looking for a sugar rush I would suggest something a little less...sweet...to put it lightly. I found this in a Better Homes and Gardens and had to try it.
- 1 angel food cake (7 to 8 inches)
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- whipped cream (optional) or creme fraiche (optional)
- maple syrup (optional)
- fresh strawberries, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the angel food cake into 10 to 12, 1-inch thick wedges.
- In a shallow dish combine eggs, milk, sugar; and vanilla. Soak wedges in egg mixture for 1 minute per side.
- In a nontick skillet or on a nonstick griddle melt butter over medium heat. Cook 4 wedges at a time for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- To serve, stand slices in cake formation. Top with whipped cream or creme fraiche. Drizzle with maple syrup and top with strawberries. Or just serve them plain.
- Serve immediately.