Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is one of the 'treats' we have for breakfast while trying to stay on The Beach. Arnold bread is the best whole grain bread we've had so far, so I consider it a must for this recipe.
- 4 slices arnold's whole grain bread
- 8 ounces Egg Beaters egg substitute
- confectioners' sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
- 4 large strawberries (optional)
- Heat skillet and spray with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Dip bread into egg eeaters.
- Put bread onto heated skillet and flip when browned.
- When plated, sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
This is such a great recipe! Adding a nice amount of cinnamon, a little Splenda & vanilla (like Carb Lover) really "fools" ya into thinking it's the real deal. I also used sugar free syrup. Super yum! Thank u for sharing.
I have made this several times since we are on South Beach, its not very far off from my regular french toast recipe. Only difference is I usually add a little Splenda, vanilla extract and cinnamon to my egg mix. Excellent french toast and you do not feel deprived in any way. A little sugar free maple syrup (Log Cabin's is great) and its pure YUM!! Thanks for sharing :)