Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
everyone has their own french toast recipe and this is mine..sometimes I use the waffle iron to bake it also for a different morning tone...
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, approx.
- 4 -6 slices challa egg bread, sliced into 1 inch slices
- Mix vanilla, eggs, sugar, and cream to blend well.
- Place egg bread slices into mixture to soak for 3 minutes or until thoroughly moist.
- Coat both sides of moistened bread with the crumbs.
- Melt a small dab of margarine in a large heavy pan.
- Add bread slices and brown well on both sides, add more butter or margarine to pan when necessary, just to prevent sticking.
This was just awesome. I loved the breadcrumb topping. Made a really nice crisp coating. I used Texas Toast and my waffle iron to make this and didn't change a thing. It's quick and easy to make, however, I could only make three pieces with the batter. Thanks
This is a awesome french toast recipe. My kids request if frequently! I use a loaf of french bread and cut the slices thick. I also found that I use more bread crumbs then the recipe calls for and add a little cinnamon. I double the recipe when I make this because the left overs freeze well. I pop them in the microwave on those busy mornings! They are way better then the "frozen french toast" you buy in the grocery store!
Wow< what a nice crispy coating!, definitely a keeper... i was looking for just a little variation on my french toast recipe and this was IT
Thanks a lot!