I found the original recipe on a McCalls recipe card. I like it smothered in corn syrup.
Make and share this French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- Beat eggs with milk.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla, orange juice, and salt until well combined.
- Heat about 2 tsp.of butter in a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Dip bread in egg mixture and lay in butter.(not you-the bread!).
- Reduce heat to medium and cook bread a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
- (My pan holds 2 pieces at a time.) Repeat with remaining bread, adding more butter to skillet, as needed.