Recipe by Brooklyn's Culinary Diva
I was doing a project on cajun and creole food, so I invested in some help from Susan Merrick who owns and operates cajun-country-foods.com. She helped me out with these recipes!! So I want to thank her!
- 4 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cinnamon (to taste)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- 10 -12 slices stale bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs slightly. Add milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Dip bread slices, one at a time, into batter,allowing each to soak well. Spray pan with oil and fry on each side until brown.
- Serve hot. (can be made ahead of time and warmed in microwave).