Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was doing a project on cajun and creole food, so I invested in some help from Susan Merrick who owns and operates cajun-country-foods.com. She helped me out with these recipes!! So I want to thank her!
- 4 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cinnamon (to taste)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- 10 -12 slices stale bread
- Beat eggs slightly. Add milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Dip bread slices, one at a time, into batter,allowing each to soak well. Spray pan with oil and fry on each side until brown.
- Serve hot. (can be made ahead of time and warmed in microwave).
The taste of these french toast is so good. It made enough to have leftovers for the week. The recipe is perfect. Thanks Brooklyn :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game