Recipe by NFGPrincess
Delicious French toast just like my Mom made when I was young. Serve with powdered sugar or syrup.
Top Review by ChefDLH
Delicious! I thought making this that there was a lot of cinnamon but it turned out to be perfect. The amount made you taste it in every bite. Doubled the recipe to feed more people and it worked great. The only caveat was we used Texas toast for the bread and we ran out of the egg mixture at 10 slices of 12. No big deal because the other slices had a good amount of soaking of the mixture. We have made many on the site but this one is 5+. Thanks for posting. Enjoy! ChefDLH
- 6 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk eggs until frothy.
- Add all other ingredients except bread. Whisk together well.
- Heat griddle over medium heat.
- Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture and place on griddle.
- Turn after a few minutes.
- Continue turning until desired doneness is reached.