Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious French toast just like my Mom made when I was young. Serve with powdered sugar or syrup.
- 6 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Whisk eggs until frothy.
- Add all other ingredients except bread. Whisk together well.
- Heat griddle over medium heat.
- Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture and place on griddle.
- Turn after a few minutes.
- Continue turning until desired doneness is reached.
Delicious! I thought making this that there was a lot of cinnamon but it turned out to be perfect. The amount made you taste it in every bite. Doubled the recipe to feed more people and it worked great. The only caveat was we used Texas toast for the bread and we ran out of the egg mixture at 10 slices of 12. No big deal because the other slices had a good amount of soaking of the mixture. We have made many on the site but this one is 5+. Thanks for posting. Enjoy! ChefDLH
Usually I use my own Lemony Pain Perdu (French Toast), but it really only works well with French bread. I needed a quick recipe to use some Texas toast/barbecue bread. I'm so glad to have found this. It worked great! I served it with real maple syrup and fresh strawberries. What a treat!