- 1 loaf bread, unsliced
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- to taste confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix eggs, milk, sugar, extract and nutmeg together with mixer.
- Slice bread in thick slices, thoroughly dip into mixture coating well, spray griddle with butter spray and brown on both sides, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
- If you don't have time to prepare this, I have used commercial eggnog and added nutmeg.
- You can buy it in a can and keep it in your pantry.
- Marian Allen