Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 loaf bread, unsliced
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- to taste confectioners' sugar
- Mix eggs, milk, sugar, extract and nutmeg together with mixer.
- Slice bread in thick slices, thoroughly dip into mixture coating well, spray griddle with butter spray and brown on both sides, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
- If you don't have time to prepare this, I have used commercial eggnog and added nutmeg.
- You can buy it in a can and keep it in your pantry.
- Marian Allen
Loved this. We sized it down for 2 people using 1 egg and just over 1/4 cup milk. Very simple and quick to make yet tasty. Great with maple syrup on top!
Sized down to four slices of bread. Worked fine. Did not add sugar or rum. Nice, basic recipe.
This was a top-notch recipe. I made it for my wife on Valentines Day this year and WOW was it good and very simple. She loved it, too! I just took out the confectioners' sugar, used vanilla extract instead of the rum extract, and instead of adding all the nutmeg I used 1/2 the nutmeg and made the other 1/2 cinnamon. Husbands...don't hesitate to make these, they are easy and delicious.